I mentioned in my Whole30 post yesterday that one of the unexpected benefits of the doing the program was how it impacted other habits in my life. A major part of that was upgrading my skincare routine from a swipe with a makeup wipe at best to a multi-step regimen. Since Sephora is in the middle of their biannual VIB Sale (10-15% off!!!), I wanted to share what I picked up and loved last month:
- Caudalie Vinoperfect Radiance Serum: It all started with this serum. I got a sample as a birthday gift from Sephora along with the Vinosource Moisturizing Sorbet and immediately loved both. This serum contains an extract from grapevine sap (no, not wine) and targets dark spots and uneven skin tone. It’s much more moisturizing than I’d expect for a serum and makes my skin so smooth. When I ran out of my sample I knew I couldn’t go without it so I took the leap and purchased the full bottle and haven’t looked back. I’m so addicted I saved my little sample bottle so I can bring it with me to the gym, on trips, etc. I’ve heard great things about this Ole Henriksen one too, but I’m not ready to stray from the Vinoperfect quite yet.
- Origins High-Potency Night-A-Mins: Since I was revamping my nighttime routine I decided I needed a specific nighttime cream as well. This lotion is so thick and emollient it has been a godsend for my dry skin. A little goes a long way and I feel like I’ve hardly put a dent in my jar. It also smells deliciously like orange blossom or what I would call “l’essence du creamsicle” (which I mean in the best way possible). I’m still using this drugstore moisturizer for daytime, but let me know if you have one you can’t live without that I should grab before the sale ends!
- Sephora Collection Mud Mask Purifying & Mattifying: This is actually an oldie but a goodie. I’m generally a drugstore kind of girl so I’ve never even dreamed of splurging on the Glamglow Supermud Clearing Treatment…maybe someday. For now, I think this Sephora mask is great and at 25% of the price, you kinda can’t beat it. In an ideal world I’d do this mask once a week, but when I don’t feel like going all out I use it to spot treat blemishes. This Origins one was my old go-to and I still use it from time to time.
- IT Cosmetics Your Skin But Better CC+ Cream: I seriously debated over this one too given the price. I had been using this foundation from Maybelline, but I wanted to find a more all-in-one option and as a primer, moisturizer and serum with 50 SPF and medium-full coverage IT seemed to fit the bill. I’m still using it over my serum, moisturizer, and primer, but I do feel like I could wear it on its own. I’ve applied it using just my fingers, a beautyblender, and this brush. I bought the Real Techniques Expert Face Brush thinking it would save me the 10 seconds it takes to saturate the beautyblender, but I think I still prefer the sponge. When I purchased mine there were only 5 shades, but I’m excited to see that they’ve recently added a couple more. I initially got the medium in the small size and thought it was too light so I bought the full size in tan. Too dark. So happy to see they now have a shade in between the two!
- First Aid Beauty Hello FAB Coconut Skin Smoothie Priming Moisturizer: Even though the CC Cream supposedly has a primer in it I still can’t get out of the habit of using one before I apply it. This Baby Skin one used to be my go-to and I loved it. When I ran I decided to try this one from FAB. It’s definitely extra moisturizing and you can’t beat the coconut smell.
I also use a couple Dermalogica products recommended by my facialist Amanda Poe that aren’t available at Sephora, but I’m linking them below. Amanda is the best and part of the reason I’m having to rehaul/restart my routine is because it’s been so long since I’ve seen her! Making an appointment is officially on my to-do list.